Monday, March 16, 2009

Second Life Action



We've been learning a few basic principles of second life, how to model objects and attach animations, scripts and sounds to them. So far I've made a staff (which I hear is this seasons must have accessory for second life avatars) and attached an animation to it so it sits properly in Reg's hand instead of skewering him, and a sound file that makes it emit an irritating droning sound for everybody in close proximity of my character to enjoy. I've also created an object with animations atttached to it, namely a chair that when clicked on allows you to sit in a thoughtful/vacant pose. Splendid. I missed the sessions on applying textures to objects and adding effects like wind, so I've got a bit of playing around to do before I'm up to speed.

No comments: